Terbinafine Dusting Powder
Each soft gel capsule contains:
TERBINAFIN 1% W/W 50g
TERBINAFIN 1% W/W 50g
Product description:This powder is used to treat a variety of fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete's foot, and jock itch. It also helps to relieve the itching, burning, cracking, and scaling from these infections. Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by preventing the growth of fungus.
This medicinal powder is used in the prevention and treatment of the following symptoms and diseases:
- Treatment of Terbinafine tablets sensitive fungal infections such as Tinea corporis, Tinea cruris and Tinea pedis is considered appropriate due to the site, severity or extent of the infection
- The treatment of onychomycosis (Terbinafine tablets-sensitive fungal infection of the nails) caused by dermatophytes
PHARMACOLOGICAL & PHARMACODYNAMIC PROPERTIES:Terbinafine is an allylamine which has a broad spectrum of antifungal activity. At low concentrations terbinafine is fungicidal against dermatophytes, moulds and certain dimorphic fungi. The activity versus yeasts is fungicidal or fungistatic depending of the species. Terbinafine interferes specifically with fungal sterol biosynthesis at an early step. This leads to a deficiency in ergosterol and to an intracellular accumulation of squalene, resulting in fungal cell death. Terbinafine acts by inhibition of squalene epoxidase in the fungal cell membrane. The enzyme squalene epoidase is not linked to the cytochrome P450 system.
PHARMACOKINETIC PROPERTIES:Less than 5% of the dose is absorbed after topical application to humans; systemic exposure is therefore very slight.
Although this product is safe to use but it should be taken under the prescription of the dermatologist.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients
- Severe renal impairment
- Severe hepatic impairment
Though very rare but some of the reported side-effects of this include:
- Upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, mild nausea or stomach pain
- Headache, dizziness or spinning sensation
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth