Diclofenac & Combination Roll On
Benzyl Alcohol 1.00% w/w + Diclofenac Diethylamine 1.16% w/w (Eq. to Diclofenac Sodium 1.00% w/w) + Linseed Oil 3% w/w + Menthol 0.5% w/w + Methyl Salicylate 10% w/w
This Gel (Diclofenac sodium gel) is indicated for the relief for Lower back pain, sprains and strains, muscular pain.
After cutaneous application of Diclofenac Sodium Gel a rapid onset of Diclofenac absorption can be observed leading to measurable plasma levels as early as 30 minutes. The achieved systemic concentrations of diclofenac are about 50 times lower than those achieved following oral administration of equivalent amounts of diclofenac.
PharmacodynamicsDiclofenac, the active component of diclofenac sodium gel has anti-inflammatory effect. It inhibits cyclooxygenase, suppresses biosynthesis of prostaglandins – endogenous substances, which play a significant role in the genesis of the inflammation, pain and fever. Diclofenac reduces pain, eliminates inflammation.
- Patients with or without chronic asthma in whom attacks of asthma, urticaria or acute rhinitis are precipitated by acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Hypersensitivity to diclofenac or any of the excipients..
- Third trimester of pregnancy..
- The use in children and adolescents aged less than 14 years is contraindicated..
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Do not apply to open wounds or damaged skin, if symptoms persist for more than seven days discontinue use and consult physician,
- Keep out of reach of children
- If swallowed consult physician,
- Do not bandage tightly.
- Be careful when sunbathing or using sun lamps as your skin may be more sensitive to sunlight.
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer (or a history of), tell your doctor or pharmacist before using the gel.
- If you have or have ever had asthma speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using the gel.